Google has announced the shutdown of reCAPTCHA v1 to take place on 31st March 2018. This version of reCAPTCHA is in use in the current release of SupportPal and active by default.
We have a made a patch available for existing customers which replaces reCAPTCHA v1 with an alternative Captcha that requires no additional configuration. The patch is not necessary if you have Captcha disabled for ticket submission, user registration and article comments.Steps to apply the patch:
- Take a backup of your existing installation files and database
- Verify the backup files are valid (not corrupt and contain what you expect)
- Select the appropriate download below depending on which version of SupportPal you're using.
- Extract the attached zip(s) and upload it to the root of your SupportPal installation, overwriting any files
- Verify functionality is as intended otherwise revert to the backup from step 1 and contact us.
PHP 5.5 / 5.6 - captcha_lw5.zip
PHP 7.0 - captcha_lw6.zip
PHP 7.1 / 7.2 - captcha_lw10.zip
Our next release will contain the option to configure and use reCAPTCHA v2.