We are pleased to announce the stable release of SupportPal 2.4.0. The focus of this release was to significantly improve what can be achieved with macros, alongside several other notable features and improvements.
New minimum system requirements
The release is the first to benefit from ionCube's new bundling feature which allows us to simplify our packaging process and offer a single SupportPal download. As a result, ionCube loaders 10.2 or above are now required.
Following our commitment to drop PHP 5 support after the 2.3 series, this release now requires PHP 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2. Other new requirements include the php-bcmath extension and MySQL 5.6 or above.
Please read our upgrade guide
for the full list of changes that may affect you. There are several breaking changes that may affect use of custom plugins.
Improved macro functionality
The whole macro system has been improved, providing significantly more functionality and covering a larger range of use cases.
It has been split into three types: manual, automatic (every hour) and hook (on a ticket event). Previously a macro could only run on a new ticket as a hook, this has been expanded to cover many more events, such as on a user reply or on changing status.
Automatic and hook macros can now be set to run only during certain schedules, for example you may want it to only run while the help desk is active. An automatic macro could previously only run once, but can now be configured to run with no limits or at most a specified number of times.
Two new actions (also available for follow ups and SLA escalation rules) have been added:
- Forward a ticket in the same way that you can from the ticket view.
- Trigger a webhook (HTTP call to an external service). For example you could call a Slack webhook to post a message to a given channel when the macro runs.
We continue to improve what's possible with our plugin ecosystem. In this release we have added the ability to define view hooks and also override default views. View hooks are particularly useful and mean you no longer need to directly modify templates. Find out more
Other notable improvements
- Tickets can be watched, so ticket related email notifications are received when they otherwise wouldn't be.
- Operators can now be logged in on multiple devices at once by default.
- SAML guards can now be configured per brand.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) can be enabled if logging in via LDAP.
- Canned responses can now be used as merge fields.
Download the release at our downloads area
(login required), and view the full changelog in our release notes